My little piece of Paradise!

The things I'm interested in. Family, Friends, Firearms and Fun.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The start of a new "Blog".

I was told today that I should start "Blogging".

So here I am fellow bloggers, willing to share with you, my thoughts on Life, Kick ass hobbies and the people I love.


A little about Me...

*First and Foremost, I'm a Mother. My daughter is my reason, for everything.

*I'm married to a man I love, dearly. We met in 2001 and haven't left each others side since.

*I'm a "Believer". I am not your every day Christian. I talk to God, Pray to God and Worship God in "my" house. I'm a good person and have no doubt where I will go when my time comes.

*Firearms. Man, Do I LOVE Firearms. I started getting interested in them March 2009. I'm far from knowledgeable but am learning a lot...fast. I've been training with my guns and my collection is ever growing. It seems as though there is always *something* I just can't live without.

*If you are easily offended, I would hit the BIG red "X" in the top right hand corner of your screen. My flaws are bound to show in my Blogs. *wink*

*I'm a bit OCD. Things being "centered" is important. Try explaining that to your "Shooter Friends" when you are hanging up targets. Clocks, I don't like clocks or anything that "ticks". It just drives me nuts. My husband will hang a clock and I will be right behind him to take out the batteries. Crumbs...they also get me going.

*I Play hard, Laugh hard and Love...Harder.

*My goals in life are not to have a fancy house, fancy cars. My goal is to live it...Happy. Smile as often as I can. Laugh as often as I can. Love as Hard as I can. And stash away as many Memories as I can. Memories never fade.

10 comments:

grizzlyskinner said...

Hi Rachel,
Annie fom RFC sent me/us over to say "Howdy". She refers to you as her shooterchickfriend"! I just wanted to say hello, and welcome you to the great world of safe shooting. Great choice with the 1911, I love 'em! I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Annie (Jetty) loves hanging out with you. Stay safe and have fun. Drop by RFC and say howdy sometime.

Rhody
.

Jack404 said...

G'day Rachel

jack just dropping bye to say howdy and welcome to the shooters world

glad to have you aboard

nice start on the collection and glad you aint shy to give it a go, the SKS is a great gat as are most of the Ruski stuff, basic,but effective

cheers to you kiddo

jack

Anonymous said...

Hello!,... Annie said I should get over here and give you a good talking to... AND dont listen to Annie about me.. She lies!!...

Glad to have you aboard! Welcom to the internet!.. YOU now must join RFC!... great group o fpeople there!.. You would be more than welcome!.. but for now all you get is a big HOWDY from Texas!

Rachel said...

Thanks fellas. Annie is one badazz chick if I must say so myself. Glad to have met her. Planning on all kinds of fun blowing stuff up! Those damn Monkeys, they are WILD.

I may just have to sign up over at RFC. I've been a lurker there for a few months. never even new Annie was there. Hmmmph.

Annie said...

I had no idea you lurked there, ya doof. (For those of you who don't know what a "doof" is, apparently, it's the little metal or plastic thing on the end of a hoodie string. You might have thought it was called an "aglet", but you'd be wrong. It's a "doof". A two-year-old told me, so it must be true.)
And Rachel...at RFC, I'm JetGirl. :)
If you sign up as anything but "Rachel", you know you have to be "ShooterChick"! LOL

Rachel said...

I will SO sign up as ShooterChick, You big DOOF. Uh huh, I said it!

Don, (dbmjr1) said...

Rachel:

Thanks for taking care of our Jet Girl, (JG), and making sure she doesn't get lost on the way to the range...

Rachel said...

Hell, I'll get her more lost than she was before. :)

AKCM USN said...

Rachel,
Just stopped by to say hello. Jet Girl on RFC is directing all of us over here to drop you a note to say and check out your blog. Hope to see more of you on RFC along with JG.
Dave

B Smith said...

Hey there...I came by way of Annie's blog, droppin' by to say hello.
Welcome to the range, looks like you have a fine start to your arms room!
And, may I say, firearms and photography is a FINE combination. (I used to tell people I shoot firearms, photos, pool, and the occasional whiskey.) If you haven't already, check out Oleg Volk's site...he's pretty awesome. And keep posting your own work for us, k?